Welcome to the School Counselor's Webpage!
High School Planning
- GoCPS Website
- Elementary and High School Guide
- GoCPS Calendar of Open House Dates and Fairs
- GROWCommunity Enrollment Information (Website)
- Amundsen High School welcomes current 8th graders, and will be getting their calendar up shortly. Click here to learn more about Shadow Days as a Viking.
- Lake View High School invites 7th or 8th graders to jump into the classroom with students. Click here for a list of Shadow Day sign-ups.
- Aspen Parent Portal
- Access your child's academic data.
- ParenTeen Connect
- Parent Teen Connect is a free resource from the Committee for Children. It is designed by social-emotional learning experts as an at-home, family-engagement resource. This online experience is loaded with videos, resources, and useful advice to help teens and the adults in their lives address hot-button topics. The site complements the Second Step® Middle School Program both as a stand-alone parent resource and in connection with Middle School Program classroom activities.
- Character Lab
- Character Lab is a non profit organization that discovers and promotes conditions that promote children's social, emotional, academic and physical well being.
- The Family Dinner Project
- The Family Dinner Project, a nonprofit initiative started in 2010, champions family dinner as an opportunity for family members to connect with each other through food, fun and conversation about things that matter. Read more about The Family Dinner Project here.
- Center for Parent and Teen Communication
- CPTC offers practical, science-based strategies for strengthening family connections and building youth prepared to thrive.
- Child Mind
- The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders.
- Parent Support Centers
- The Parent Support Center works in collaboration with the CPS staff members across the district, including network chiefs and leadership, to ensure all CPS families have equitable access to high-quality services and resources.
Social & Emotional Resources
Parents and Students you can always set up a time to meet with me to talk, I am here to help support you.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255)
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Text "HOME" from anywhere in the U.S. to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis support from a trained Crisis Counselor.
NAMI provides advocacy, education, support and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives.