Welcome to the School Counselor's Webpage!
Navinace for Middle School
- Complete the Career Cluster finder
- Complete the GoCPS Introduction Survey
- Complete the Career Cluster Finder
- Add at least 3 Career Clusters to your favorite Career Cluster List
- Complete the High School Exploration Survey
- Complete the High School Success Survey
- Practice using the College Search tool
- Directions: on Naviance go to "College Home" - Under "Find Your Fit" click on "Advanced Search" - You can filter by Types, Locations, Students, Admissions, etc. (This might be a great tool to explore with your parents as well)
High School Planning
- GoCPS Website
- Elementary and High School Guide
- GoCPS Calendar of Open House Dates and Fairs
- GROWCommunity Enrollment Information (Website)
- Amundsen High School welcomes current 8th graders, and will be getting their calendar up shortly. Click here to learn more about Shadow Days as a Viking.
- Lake View High School invites 7th or 8th graders to jump into the classroom with students. Click here for a list of Shadow Day sign-ups.
- Aspen Parent Portal
- Access your child's academic data.
- ParenTeen Connect
- Parent Teen Connect is a free resource from the Committee for Children. It is designed by social-emotional learning experts as an at-home, family-engagement resource. This online experience is loaded with videos, resources, and useful advice to help teens and the adults in their lives address hot-button topics. The site complements the Second Step® Middle School Program both as a stand-alone parent resource and in connection with Middle School Program classroom activities.
- Character Lab
- Character Lab is a non profit organization that discovers and promotes conditions that promote children's social, emotional, academic and physical well being.
- The Family Dinner Project
- The Family Dinner Project, a nonprofit initiative started in 2010, champions family dinner as an opportunity for family members to connect with each other through food, fun and conversation about things that matter. Read more about The Family Dinner Project here.
- Center for Parent and Teen Communication
- CPTC offers practical, science-based strategies for strengthening family connections and building youth prepared to thrive.
- Child Mind
- The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders.
- Parent Support Centers
- The Parent Support Center works in collaboration with the CPS staff members across the district, including network chiefs and leadership, to ensure all CPS families have equitable access to high-quality services and resources.
- Centervention - Social Skills Resources for Parents
- According to research funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, social and emotional competence is one of the most important predictors of success in life. This site provides articles regarding social and emotional learning and resources to support your child's development of social skills.
- Kids for Peace - Uplifting Our World Through Love and Action
- This site offers many different activities for children and families to take part in during our current quarantine and throughout the year.
- Action for Happiness
- Action for Happiness is a movement of people committed to building a happier and more caring society.
Social & Emotional Resources
Sesame Street: Online SEL activities for students Grades Prek-1
Howard B. Wigglebottom: Online pictures books read aloud, songs for students Grades K-2
Daniel Tiger (PBS Kids): Interactive picture books read aloud, songs, interactive games for students Prek-1.
Bedtime FM: Peace Out: Stories for calming down and relaxation
Cosmic Kids: Yoga and mindfulness (3+)
Mental Health Resources
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1- 800-273-TALK (8255)
Text "HOME" from anywhere in the U.S. to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis support from a trained Crisis Counselor.
NAMI provides advocacy, education, support and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives.