Details for Principal Selection Community Forum (open to the public)
Date & Time: Thursday, March 15th, 7-8:30pm
Final Candidates: Trish Davlantes & Marisol Negron (resumes of both candidates attached)
Location: Hawthorne Auditorium
Format: Each candidate will make a short presentation followed by Q & A & short closing
If you have specific questions that you would like addressed at the forum, please forward to Dan O’Connor (LSC Chair) email@example.com
We will review all submissions and do our best to consolidate topics to address as many as possible. There will also be an opportunity to submit questions at the beginning of the night; to be asked as time allows. There will be an exit survey for attendees to share feedback to the LSC at the conclusion of the forum. Hawthorne Teachers & staff will have separate survey following the forum. In addition, you can reach out directly to any member of the LSC if you have additional feedback you would like to share.
Following the forum, the LSC has scheduled a closed meeting March 20th to review the surveys/feedback and deliberate. Wednesday, March 21st at 6:30pm, the LSC has scheduled a meeting to hold the public vote to select candidate to be awarded the principal contract.
We look forward to your attendance and participation.
Overview of principal selection process to date
- Community survey completed to collect feedback on qualifications/qualities community would like our principal to possess
- Developed job description/posting per CPS requirements
- Principal position was posted for 6 weeks on CPS required platform
- Received/Reviewed applications
- Held first round interviews for selected candidates
- Held 2nd round interviews for further selected candidates, teacher driven & run
- Met, deliberated & voted on final candidates to be invited for public forum March 15, 2018